Saturday, October 22, 2011

Milde scale studies

For studies, I'm working on the Milde scale etudes, Op. 24. I did them before, in 1984 and 1987, based on the dates in my Weissenborn, but I don't think I understood them then. I thought they were boring scale studies, didn't practice them much, and played one a week at my lessons until they were done. With M, I'm going through them at a much slower rate. After a year of study, I'm about half-way through, so about one a month. And I'm putting a lot of time into them, more than anything else I practice. I'm finding that they are quite beautiful, if you really dig into the harmonic changes and singing through the lines. Not easy, though.

Here's me playing #13, Eb scales, in a lesson back in August. I was pretty happy with it.

Milde Scale 13 by TFox17

No comments:

Post a Comment